-Amy Howard At Home One Step Paint®
-Amy Howard At Home China Bristle Brush
-Fabric of your choice
-Optional: Stencil, Putty Knife, 2nd One Step Paint® Color
How To Instructions:
1. Start with Fabric, One Step Paint®, and a Brush.
2. Lightly brush on the first coat of One Step Paint®.
*Make sure not to pounce the paint into the fabric.
*I suggest 2 even, light coats of paint.
3. Let the fabric dry.
*About 30 minutes to an hour.
4. Decide where you are going to place your stencil.
5. Using your putty knife, rub across the back of the stencil and lay down across your fabric.
6. Remove the backing of the stencil so the design is left on the front masking.
7. Use your putty knife to help the stencil stick to the fabric.
*For the best adhesion of the stencil, let the stencil sit on the fabric for about 30 minutes to an hour.
8. Remove the front masking from the design, making sure that the stencil stays to the fabric.
9. Use your second color of One Step Paint®.
10. Apply the paint to the fabric.
*Here you should lightly pounce in the paint. DO NOT BRUSH! Brushing paint tends to bleed under the design and will create undesirable effects.
11. Let the fabric dry completely.
12. You are finished and have your beautiful newly restored fabric!
Painting your fabric instead of reupholstering has never been so fun!
Rescue, Restore, Redecorate™